27.7.11

A. W TOZER

‘Lord Jesus i come to Thee for spiritual preparation. Lay thy hand upon me. Save me from the error of judging a church by its size, its popularity, or the amount of its yearly offering. Help me to remember that I am a prophet not a promoter or a religious manager. Let me never become a slave to crowds. Save me from bondage to things. Let me not waste my days puttering around the house. Lay thy beautiful terror upon me O God and drive me to the place of prayer where i may wrestle with principalities and powers.

I accept hard work and small rewards in this life. I ask for no easy place. If in thy permissive providence honour should come to me from thy church, let me not forgot in that hour that I am unworthy of the least of thy mercies, and if men knew me as intimately as I know myself they would withhold their honors and bestow them upon others more worthy to receive them.

and O Lord I CONSECRATE MY REMAINING DAYS TO THEE. let them be many or few, as Thou wilt. Let me stand before the great or minister to the poor and lowly, that choice is not mine, and I would not influence it if I could. I am Thy servant to do Thy will and that will is sweeter to me than position or riches or fame and I choose it above all things on earth or in heaven. Thou I am chosen of Thee and honoured by a high and holy calling, let me never forget that I am but a human of dust and ashes, a human with all the natural faults and passions that plurge our race. Fill me with Thy power by the Holy Spirit and I will go in Thy strength and tell of Thy righteousness, even Thine only. Then , when I am old and weary and too tired to go on, have a place ready for me above, and make me be numbered with Thy saints in glory everlasting.


                - A W Tozer, excerpt from God Tells The Man Who Cares

No comments:

Post a Comment